Old January 21st 05, 05:24 AM
Cory Dunkle

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Cory do you really want to get added mileage and improve the life of
> you engine. I read all the articles here . I suggest a test on the dyno
> to set a base line and make any adjustments from there . you can always
> this new product called CCF from American CCF and it showed a 10 -15%
> increase torque and HP at 4000 ft. checkit out at americanccf.com

I have never put any additives in my oil. The oil manufacturer puts in the
required additives. More is usually overkill and typically hurts the
effectiveness of the oil. I also don't like the idea of putting ceramics
(solids/particulates) in my engine. Solids in an engine can't be good for
it, not to mention that a good oil filter (I use only Purolator PureOne)
should filter most, if not all, of that stuff before it gets to the bearings
or has much chance to get on the cylinder walls.

My engine only has ~16,000 miles on it. If it needs a freshening up I'll
pull it out, put new bearings in, hone the cylinder and re-ring it. Cheap
and effective. I may do just that come spring when I pull the engine to put
new performance heads on, a Weiland Stealth intake, and change my oil pan
gasket, timing cover gasket, and water pump (got a new aluminum pump laying
around I may as well use). I figgure while I've got the engine out it'll be
cheap insurance.

I think a day on the dyno is a bit much for a mild daily driver. I'm fine
with doing my tuning with trial and error on the road, reading plugs, etc.
May not squeeze as much out of it as on the dyno, but it's good enough for
what the car's purpose is. Now if I had a built up motor a good tune on the
dyno would be worth it. For a mild 302 in ym daily driver... Nah, it's not
worth the extra cost (to me anyway).

Cory