Old September 21st 04, 10:24 PM
Me

Default Cruise Control for Mazdaspeed Miata

If this had been two months ago before I discovered coming out of
Tulsa that yes, the CC in my 93' actually works (don't ask) I wouldn't
be having these qualms. But geez, it took a load off of my foot for
those 2000 miles back to SF. So, the lack of CC on the Mazdaspeed is
bugging me.

Has anyone retrofitted the standard CC from Mazda into a Mazdaspeed
yet? I just can't shake the idea that there must be a technical reason
that made Mazda decide not to include it. Of course, there are always
reasons financial. From Lisa Lasky at Mazda support...

"There are really two reasons why. Our Product Engineers in Japan
decided that it wasn't practical with the turbo-charged engine. And,
it was a cost-saver to keep the vehicle at a lower MSRP."

Now what could impractical because of the turbo mean?

JJ