Old July 18th 05, 03:28 PM
Joao Eliseu

Jan Andersson > wrote:
>Dennis Wik wrote:
>>
>> I seem to be the only other person who has had several bad experiences
>> with flaps over the years. Check the spring and make sure nothing is
>> binding on the linkage. My Puma was running hot a few weeks ago and I
>> blamed my leaving the parking brake slightly engaged. Turns out the
>> linkage was rubbing and sticking on the top of number one leaving the
>> flaps about half open. Now they are open and will stay that way. No
>> comments from those who worship the flap gods. I believe the biggest
>> enemy of my engine is heat not cold.
>>
>> href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
>> 1977 Puma</a>

>If you don't like the *operation* of the flaps, jam them fully open.
>Your engine will run cooler than without flaps.
>
>Jan

This weekend I made about 50KM on a highway at speed of 120, 130 Km/h. When I arrived
home I could see the thermostat full open and a lot of heat coming from the bottom,
so the flaps must be working fine. It is difficult so say, if the volume of the
air is bigger with the engine hot than cool. It was hard to keep the fingers on
the top of dipstick, but possible.

Joao