Old April 17th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Gasoline with Ethanol

> > ethanol is a product of the farming community and is trucked to areas
> > where it is to be mixed with gasoline for consumer use..
> >

> Yup, and the farmers get it by heavy use of fertillizer which is made
> from - you guessed it - oil.

Cite please?

This is mindless propanganda spewing with little basis in fact.

Does corn production require fertilizer? Yes. Does some of it come
from petroleum based product? Yes. Are the other forms that are used
as well? Yes.

Next you are going to tell us that it is a net energy loss using all
sorts of incomplete statistics and numbers. For some reason
trucking/transportion/distribution counts when we talk about ethanol,
but not for oil. For some reason, distillation energy inputs are
relevent, but refinery inputs are not. Etc, etc.

I am being sarcastic here, but some of the "reports" I have seen are so
ridiculously biased it's almost funny.

JW