Old July 24th 05, 03:37 AM
SnoMan

"ken2557" wrote:
>I removed and replaced the same distributor marking and insuring it
>was
>correctly installed. I had unplugged and plugged the electronic

timing
>advance with he engine running. Now when I drive in light traffic
>over a
>long period (about 40 minutes) it will gradually over heat (AC on

and
>in
>90degree or higher temp) it seems to be running slightly hotter over
>all
>with out the AC. Checked the timing with advance connected and it is
>being controlled. the engine does not seem to be running any
>differently
>than before. When it heats up the lite for CHECK GASES comes on.
>turn
>off the AC and it cools and the lite goes out.
>since this I have changed the thermostat and are now looking at the
>fan
>clutch. Am I on the right path or could I have done something to
>cause
>this over heating with the distributor?
>
>The reason the dist. was removed was a noise like a bearing might

have
>been going bad there. I have also since then replaced the dist.

I think that you were on the verge of a heating problem and it finaly
surfaced. Check clutch fan operation and checked for plugged radiator
core internally (it is old enough) and extrenally for bugs and dirt.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-overhe...ict130385.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=635053