Old July 20th 05, 01:39 PM
One out of many daves

Are you sure you looked at the brake light switch? I thought when there was
NO pressure on it there is continuity. That sounds more like maybe the
cruise control brake switch.
Did you check it's wiring plug to make sure you have power at the plug?

Yes there should be a fuse for the stop/brake lights. I am not sure which
one on your 2002 but it should be indicated on your fuse box cover or
possibly in your owner's manual.

good luck,
dave
(One out of many daves)

"Scott Townsend" > wrote in message
m...
> I've taken out the Brake light Switch and it seems to be functioning fine.
> I hooked it up to a meter and when I press it I get continuity. Park

release
> also works which also is tied to the brake switch. So I think I'm good
> there...
>
> Though I dont know which wires do what, so I'm not 100% sure if the thing
> works. Is there a pinout for the wires going into the switch?
>
> Is there a fuse or relay associated with the brake lights? I cant seem to
> find one.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-
>
> "One out of many daves" > wrote in message
> > So none of the brake lights work?
> > Try replacing the brake light switch or at least check it.
> >
> > I have seen wiring break in areas where they bend frequently due to
> > opening
> > and closing doors or hatches.
> > good luck!
> > --
> > later,
> > dave
> > One out of many daves.
> >
> > "Scott Townsend" > wrote in message
> > news
> >> I have a 2002 Passat Wagon v6 4Motion and the brake lights no longer
> >> work.
> >> One of the 2 Lower back lights was broken. I cant seem to get to the
> >> Light
> >> that is in the hatch.
> >>
> >> I've replaced both of the lower lights and the Break lights still do

not