Old October 18th 04, 07:30 PM
Rufio

I did make good use of my extended warranty on my 99 Camaro SS 6-speed. I
had ongoing electrical problems & no-one could (would) fix it. I'd had my SS
in the shop 7 times, before the regular warranty ran out & another 5 times
after that - until I finally got so ****ed off that I sold the SS, swore I
would NEVER, EVER AGAIN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY ANY OTHER NEW OR USED
CHEVROLET, and I bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty - (which I sold 6 months later
to buy a 6-speed 99 C5 - I love performance cars, but SUV's are just SO
useful).

"cfm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news

> Extended warranty insurance is betting against oneself:
>
> 'Here's $2000.00 you can have - I sure hope my car breaks
> down so much that I might get some of my $2000.00 back
> some day in the way of inflated repair rates to remedy
> trivial complaints.'
>
> These are almost pure profit to carmakers, combine that w/ GM
> including one of the shortest factory warranties around...
>

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:25:34 -0700, "Rad" > wrote:
> >My warranty is about up on my 02 , looking to extend through GM as I

would
> >think it will be less of a problem when there is a problem. What kind of
> >deals are out there through GM dealers, cost to extend yours at the time

of
> >purchase will be of no help. I have 29,000 and due in Feb. Input from

those