Old March 8th 05, 04:46 AM
Winston

Swabbie wrote:
> this is a problem that has plagued this truck for about 2 years now. I
> have posted this problem on about every ford tech site on the net. Still
> no go.
> heres the situation,
> the truck will crank right up, and drive perfectly to wherever I am
> going. I then turn it off.
> If it has been about 30 miles or so, it will NOT restart until it has
> sat for about 15 minutes(as if it needs to cool down).

Stick? Automatic?

How much current goes to the starter under each condition?
About the same or much more or less under the fault condition?

Can you reproduce the problem with an unpressurized cooling system?
(Loosen the radiator cap before starting?)

If you remove the sparkplugs after the failure, does the engine spin
up at about the right RPM or is it still bogged down, indicating
perhaps a main bearing problem?

Oil look ok? Not 'creamy' as if water has gotten in?

Blue Sky Department:
Sick F.I. computer injecting liquid gas into a couple cylinders?
Sick injector(s) sticking open when heated?
Head gasket leak putting incompressable water in a couple cylinders?

--Winston