Old March 3rd 05, 09:43 PM
Julian Edge

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> Good luck with this. You are on your own.

Ah, no longer. Thanks, newsnet!

> Your car was manufactured in 1996, so it must be a 1997 model, or I
> suppose
> it could be a late model '96. Given we are in '05 now, this makes the car
> 9
> years old, give or take a few months. I would expect a long list of rubber
> and plastic parts are looking at replacement now or soon.

Indeed, sir. As I said, I love the car, it's just the attitude / staff / je
ne sais quoi / whatever / dare I say principle?

Besides, most of the rubber and plastic bits have been replaced several
times in the last few years, along with the head gasket and the rear
suspension arms. I've never been 'shocked' until now.

And fair play, the car has *never* let me down, which is more than I can say
for my old Alpha.