Old July 1st 05, 05:59 PM
Timothy J. Lee

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:41:14 -0700, "C.H." >
>wrote:
>
>>It is not insurance against repairs. It's snake oil - doesn't hurt,
>>doesn't help. If you have the money and the environmental aspect of going
>>through 200-300 quarts of oil unnecessarily doesn't bother you, go right
>>ahead.

>While I agree with your main point, if the used motor oil is recycled
>properly, there are no "environmental aspects."

It still needs to be transported to the oil recycling place (fuel used)
and reprocessed (more energy used) and whatever non-usable crud is
filtered out needs to be disposed of (hazardous waste disposal). If
you care about environmental aspects, recycling is a second choice
compared to not using unnecessarily too much of it.

Timothy J. Lee