Old July 7th 05, 08:01 PM
A.C.

I have a 98' Durango automatic with the same exact issues I found in
the archives. Approx. 3 weeks ago I began having problems with the
truck dying at stops, and stuttering (surging) when switching gears.
Mainly from reverse to drive and drive to park. I found I could make it
die almost at will. Just by lightly touching the accel. pedal from a
stop it would die. As if some one pulled the plug. It would start
imeadiatly and run fine. Till the next stop.
After numerouse trips and days on end of waiting. Nothing changed. The
computer showed no codes what so ever. So the local shop mechs. were
lost as to why it wold die.I replaced the IAC valve, cleaned the TB.
Tried some injector cleaner. And alot of threats to the car gods. I was
told by one shop that I needed a new fuel pump. Or a new computer. I
refused to believe that. I finally took it to the dodge dealer and
within one afternoon they believed to have found the problem.
The cable from the tranny to the throttle body had worked loose. So
they set the idle, changed the tranny filter, adjusted the bands. And
so far to this day I have been trouble free. I thought I would post
this in case others like myself had this problem. It only cost $105.00.
Sure beats a 500.00 fuel pump and who knows how much for a new
computer! Give it a try. Good luck.