Old September 9th 04, 04:42 AM
theresa

Hi Carol --

Saw your pictures. I also got hit in the door on Sunday (but not with
the jaw dropping intensity of yours) yet when the EMTs arrived and saw
the car, they all assumed I had a broken neck, etc. All I have is a
very sore shoulder and a bruised leg so tell your husband that when our
Miatas give their all to save us, they give their lives.

Mine was a black top Emerald 2000, built on the first day of the new
Millennium and I am going to miss her like hell. I haven't seen her yet
-- what was left was towed and I'm still not quite up to renting a car
and seeing her totaled like that -- but to watch someone's front grill
come at you and plunge into the driver's side and then to have the
window and air bags explode at the same time...that's a sad club.

I'm still shedding bits of the safety glass.

Also tell hubby that SUVs hit in the side tend to roll, and you might
have been messed up even more.
====
First Nora, then Carol, and now me -- maybe people don't want Miatas to
be chick cars...

theresa

PS to the group: Thanks again for your help when I first got her and for
teaching me to wash a car.