Old June 11th 05, 04:26 AM
Bill Putney

> What the hell is going on?
>
> Right from the start I have been amazed at the
> level of animosity expressed here, toward anyone
> who points out, there are alternatives to Mopar
> ATF.

That's nice. So what.

> I mean it is really over the top! I have been
> accused of everything, from selling a particular
> brand of full synthetic ATF, to being a cross
> dresser!

Yes - that's what they call one type of man who poses as a woman. So what.

> What the hell is going on here? I just came here
> to give the Mopar guys a heads up.

OK - you did it.

> I kept expecting someone who isn't crazy, to
> speak up and actually say something that made
> some sort of sense, but no way. In fact it just
> gets worse.

That's right. We're all crazy as loons. We like it that way. We drove
all the normal people off. We've been waiting for you to join us.

> I just did a web search and looked around a bit.
>
> I see someone even tried to start a Usenet group
> about Amsoil. It has been completely silenced by
> spam though. I also noticed that anyone who
> speaks positively about non Mopar ATF, in other
> forums, is treated the same damned way.

Gee that's funny. The guy who used to be president of a certain
MOPAR-centric club uses Amsoil ATF in his Chrysler car. I won't tell
you which club it is because, even though several people there are
friendly to Amsoil and some use it - they wouldn't want to hear your
meaningless crap either. On the other hand, there's five fingers - err
- I mean - if you happen to figure it out, that's OK too, 'cause they
can block you there, so knock yourself out trying to figure it out - it
wouldn't be hard to do.

> The very few posts which are not ludicrous rants,
> filled with ridiculous personal invective, are
> nothing more than doublespeak usually reserved
> for political propaganda.

Let's see...invective, invective... oh, OK, here it is - "violent verbal
attack". Ummm - OK - I'll buy that. I would try to immitate some
political propaganda double-speak for you, but I'm too tired right now.
However, you can probably pick up some Howard Dean sound bytes on TV
tonight on CNN or Fox News.

> The tactics of propaganda remain consistent.
> Anyone who says there are alternatives to Mopar
> ATF, is smeared by any means necessary...

Yes - we've all taken a pledge to do that whenever the opportunity
arises. At least we are consistent, eh? (I'm not from Canada - I just
like posting like that when I can.)

> ...I am
> surprised I haven't been accused of being anti
> American also.

OK - you're anti-American. Happy now?

> The man who developed Amsoil, pioneered both the
> development and production of, the very first
> synthetic automotive lubricants. That was long
> before Mobil 1, or any of the other synthetic
> oils available today. I really can't imagine why
> anyone would call snake oil. It doesn't make any
> sense at all.

I have nothing against Amsoil. I use certain herbs that I know work,
and people call it snake oil. So what.

> Consider this. The entire concept of synthetic
> oil was denounced as snake oil, until BIG OIL
> got on board with it. So is there a connection
> between BIG OIL, and all the irrational hate
> and misinformation involved in this war against
> Amsoil? I don't know. It is enough to really
> make me wonder though.

No surprise there. You will usually get a similar reaction if you post
that you are using Fram oil filters - that gets a little weird too
sometimes. I don't get freaked out about it though.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')