Old December 29th 04, 06:19 AM
Anthony Giorgianni

Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .
<snip>

> Nor should anyone allow a bad driver to cause them to brake or change

lanes
> due to their sloppy driving.
>
> After all,it's up to the bad driver to learn their own lessons.
> IMO,they should not learn that they can do as they please at other's
> expense.One should not reinforce negative behavior.(by tolerating it)

And I wrote:

Dear Jim

It's not up to us to discourage other drivers or be intolerant of their
behavior. If you want to do that, enroll in the police academy. It's up to
us to drive safely. Using a two-ton vehicle as a teaching tool or punishment
device on a highway is irresponsible. It turns YOU into the bad driver.

If you think another driver is doing something so dangerous that he needs
intervention, pull over, get on a cell phone and call the police. Appointing
yourself Rambo road guardian or becoming a self-imposed highway instructor
is dangerous and immature. It could cause an accident and/or get everyone's
tempers going. It doesn't teach anyone anything because no one recognizes
the authority that you think you have to control the world, especially not
the driver you're going to **** off by trying to teach him a lesson. (Maybe
he's the cop. Or maybe he'll have a bigger lesson he wants to teach you.)

So now I'll be on my way now. No testosterone-induced driving debate for me.
I'll got better things to do. Take my advice or leave it. It's up to you.

And you know what? If we should meet on the road and I think you're going
too fast, I won't even try to teach you a lesson by blocking you. I'm going
to be an enabler and let you go and go -- even if it means I have to move
over to the side of the road to let you pass. I'll I just trundle along in
the right lane, trying to avoid as many slow pokes and angry lesson teachers
as I can because, from where I sit, you're both exactly the same... lousy
drivers.

Thanks for the response. I wish both of you and Alexander and everyone here
the best of luck and many safe miles!
--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.