Old August 23rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
David

Default Why would AC only work when foot is on gas?

Trying to summarize the questions from all:

1. I'm not sure if its not turning at idle. The fan is running, but its
just circulating air, there is no cold air coming in.

2. When I rev the gas, then magically cool air comes in.

So, when I'm at a stop light and want to stay cool I rev the engine,
and everyone wonders why a guy in a 1997 rodeo wants to race them.
(hey, at least

One other note - I just had my AC replaced. The folks have a 1 year
warranty. I've heard really good things about them from other people
that have used them. When I first got my car back it worked great for
about 3 weeks then the AC sort of died, I took it back and they fixed
it, but now I have the no air at idle problem.