Old April 19th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Cooper LifeLiner SLE touring tires OK?

You are right Chris. Sorry, I have this local mentality and forget that not
everyone lives in the West. Les Schwab Tires are only in the western U.S.

I don't know anything about Cooper LifeLiner tires as I have never owned
them, and I don't know anyone that has had them on their car.

Most of Schwab's premium tires like the Proxes 4s are made by Toyo. The
rubber formulation on the Proxes 4 is similar to the T1-R. This tire is an
all season design that offers "300" tread life, a "A" mud and snow traction
rating, and comes in a "V" speed rating. Discount Tires also sells Toyo. I
don't autocross my Miata, and I have been very satisfied with my Proxes 4s.

Unless the OP has custom wheels, the correct tire size for a 2000 Mazda
Protege ES is 195-55-15.