Old March 1st 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Is starter going out?

I have a '92 Civic EX. Sometimes the engine will turn a while before
the car finally starts. This doesn't ever seem to happen when the car
is cold. I can go into the grocery store for a few minutes, come out,
try to crank the car and it just turns for about 5 seconds or more.
Sometimes I stop turning it, try again and it kicks right off. It
always kicks right off on the second try, as if something was primed
from the previous try.

Yesterday, I stopped for some gas. Filled up and tried to crank the
car. This time it turned as usual but tried to start and couldn't.
The car would try to come to life and shake then keep turning and
repeat that cycle. Sounded like it wasn't getting enough gas. That
was a first. So I pumped the accelerator a little and it kicked off.

I'm thinking this is any of the following: starter, fuel filter, fuel
pump, fuel injectors. It's a '92 and computer diagnostics for the
engine weren't available until '96. Not sure if that would help in
this case. Any one have some suggestions?

Thanks,
Brett