Old May 5th 05, 05:26 AM
Wound Up

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "Wound Up" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> The discs w/4-piston calipers I swapped into my 67 have been the best
>> performance enhancement yet. The brakes have given me incredible
>> stopping power and modulation with very little fade. I don't need a
>> power booster because of the efficiency. There have, by now, been dozens
>> of times that I would have hit the idiot in question had I still been
>> running the stock drums.
>>
>> --
>> Wound Up
>> ThunderSnake #65

> See that all the time. People spend a ton of money to make their car
> faster and forget the brakes. My SVO Contour stops like it has retro
> rockets. All cars should be like that.

Yeah, 400+ under the hood, with 35-year-old wheel cylinders up front to stop
you. Not smart.

I'd bet that Contour would squeeze the air out of you. And I've heard they
handle like on rails. Too many cars are simply inadequate with their
brakes. Ever since I raced Formula Fords, I have had a definite
appreciation for good brakes.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65