Old July 20th 05, 10:44 PM
Matt Whiting

maxpower wrote:
> "Matt Whiting" > wrote in message
>
>>maxpower wrote:

>>>There is no 72, try again, I would bet its 52 (02 sensor)
>>>

>>Actually, I'm pretty sure that 72 is the code that my 96 Grand Voyager
>>flashed when the catcon went bad. The funny thing was, this code isn't
>>even in the table of the FSM! However, when the dealer read it with the
>>scan tool, it said the issue was catcon efficiency not being in spec.
>>
>>Matt

> Matt you could be right, I was told back in 96 that on the newer
> vehicles cycling the key was not an acuate way of retreiving fault codes,
> On the older vehicles 1994 earlier there was no such thing as a code 72

The MIL light did flash out code 72, but my code table in the factory
manual didn't go that high. I found 72 via a Google search and it said
it was catalytic convertor efficiency and this agreed with the scan tool
at the dealer so I figured it was correct. And since replacing the
converter, the MIL hasn't reactivated.

Matt