Old February 7th 05, 05:21 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Bill the second wrote:

> Maybe they enjoy buying new tires more often by grinding the old ones

off
> around curves?

Shows how much you know about tire wear. Generating g's like that uses
parts of the tire most people *never use*. Any veteran autocrosser
will tell you that. [In fact, I just did.]

> The curve in the commercial doesn't even look that great. All these

other
> vehicles are braking, yet the guy in the VW still ends up right

beside the
> minivan screaming. And the VW is on the inside of the turn.

FWIW, VW used an almost identical pitch in showroom films in the early
'70s when the Rabbit was introduced. Only it wasn't a ubiquitous
minivan; it was a ubiquituous Cutlass Supreme.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)