Old December 30th 04, 02:46 PM
Ron

Default Is Impact Wrench Proper Tool?

I've recently ordered (delivery in late February) a freightliner
sportchassis medium duty truck (22.5X8.25 10-bolt wheels with Michelin
XRV 255/80R22.5 14-ply tires) to tow a trailer while I'm retired and
fulltiming in the RV. The truck has air brakes and air ride and
includes a quick disconnect fitting with hose for a tire inflation kit.
With this set-up I thought it might be a good idea to pruchase an air
impact wrench to periodically check/tighten the lug nuts on the truck
and trailer. However, after the research I've conducted (this is a
VERY confusing topic for a newbee) I'm not so sure this is as good an
idea as I thought. I do not anticipate using the impact wrench for any
other task. Other maintenance I do I can handle with my ratchet,
breaker bar, and/or cheater pipe.

Is an impact wrench the tool I should be considering?
If so, would an Ingersoll Rand 1/2" or 3/4" wrench (model #?)be
correct?
Or, is a good torque wrench a better choice?