Old August 10th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 97 TJ clutch & starter adjustment

Could be the switch has gone bad or come loose. On a 97 I believe you
can totally disable the clutch lockout by putting a fuse into the slot
labeled 'auto' in the fuse panel. This allows a start with the clutch
out so you can walk the vehicle in gear on the starter if it stalls or
won't start up.

It can be dangerous too. Forget and have it in gear when you turn the
key, and it will start up and go, quickly.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's