Old May 3rd 04, 11:07 PM
Paul Woodsford

True, but I don't think my reflexes nor the cars breaks would respond quick
enough to avoid such a collision.

Anyway, my new 147 doesn't have such a strip below the front bumper/airdam,
nor does the exhaust hang lower than the front bumper/airdam, on visual
inspection. Haven't measured it exactly so could be wrong.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
> wrote in message
m...
: "Paul Woodsford"
<paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***vi rgin.***NOSPAM***net>
wrote in message news:<Cc7lc.167$gv5.73@newsfe1-win>...
: > I don't think that is quit correct regarding hitting the exhaust.
: > True the plastic strip would make contact with a high kerb as it sits
: > forward of the front wheels which would then contact the kerb and lift
the
: > car Up!
:
: OK then, maybe you are right, but what about going over something like
: a large stone in the middle of the car. Your wheels would not lift the
: car at all.
: I rest my case. John UK.
: >
: > --
: > Paul Woodsford
: > Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
: > > wrote in message
: > om...
: > : "Jake P" > wrote in message
: > news:<408fcba9.0@entanet>...
: > : > "Neuropean" > wrote in message
: > : > ...
: > : > > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:06:03 +0100, "Jake P"
: > : > > > wrote:
: > : > >
: > : > > =>The black plastic strip under my 147's front air dam (the bit
that
: > : > > hits all
: > : > > =>the speed bumps) has become almost totally disconnected and is
now
: > : > > only just
: > : > > =>hanging on.
: > : > > =>
: > : > > =>Anybody know what a dealer would charge to supply and fit a new
one?
: > : > > =>
: > : > > =>Cheers
: > : > > =>
: > : > > =>Jake
: > : > > =>
: > : > >
: > : > > Just remove it, the latest models don't have it and if you go to
an
: > : > > Alfa garage they will take it off without replacing it. I also
think
: > : > > I've read soemwhere that it's not even available as a spare part
: > : > > anymore.
: > : > >
: > : > > You can staple it back though.... but it won't hold much
: > : > >
: > : > > It's nearly worthless.
: > : > > Neuropean
: > : >
: > : > Confirmed by my local dealer. They said they'd tidy up the staples
when
: > : > it's in for the next service.
: > : >
: > : > Cheers
: > : >
: > : > Jake
: > :
: > : If you take it off beware, if you look under your car you will find
: > : that the strip is the same height as the exhaust pipe & sensor. If you
: > : need to drive over a kerb without the strip you could hit the exhaust,
: > : at least with the strip in place it will scrape and warn you of
: > : pending damage.
: > : John, UK.
: >
: >