Old August 28th 04, 07:51 PM
Tony

The Bald Ass Prairie Farm wrote:

> My diagnose; Among other things, like new struts, the steering wheel needs
> to be refastened, but how to get there?Can I remove (with some force) the
> middle part ? and dig further from there?

The rectangular center cover just pops off by pulling. Easiest to start at one
corner and pull back until it 'pops'. It is fastened at four points. Be careful
not to let it pull too far before removing the horn wire connected in back.

The wheel attaches with a large nut which holds the wheel on a spline. It is not
tapered. It seems unlikely that the wheel would have loosened up by itself.

If her problem is that the wheel seems loose you would want to check to see if
the rack has loose mounting bolts or bad tie rod ends.

Check the lower ball joint on each strut.

If she is getting a clunking sound when the wheel is turned it is the strut
bearings (top of the strut).