Old April 1st 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Flushing cooling system on GMC Savanna.........

"Peter Griffin" > wrote in message
> While doing the intake gasket set, I also did the serpentine belt, and
> inspected/cleanes everything...The hoses seemed fine, but The thermostat

is
> a good idea, somehow I overlooked it, probably too concerned with labeling
> all plugs/bolts, and cleaning up all the blood from scrapes....should of
> just yanked the engine/trans instead of doing the intake in the van
> also noticed upper rad hose is seaping now....think it is the disposable
> clamps they use now..........

I know what you mean about scraped knuckles.

Removing the thermostat allows you to flush the block thoroughly,
whereas you may have an impossible time to do it otherwise.

Lots of people here use only the spring clamps which often come as OEM.
They work fine, usually, and are certainly preferred to low quality screw
clamps. I also use high quality screw clamps and don't have any particular
trouble.