Old June 2nd 06, 08:26 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi certified engine oils

Jon B wrote:

> I'm not sure about in the US but I know in the UK my local VW dealership
> will sell me the VW approved oil, for less than the local motor factors
> will a main brand. I can run VW Fully Synthetic [2] for about half the
> price of Mobil 1, or bog standard VW Mineral for less than the price of
> Catrol GTX, Duckhams etc.

> [2] Or Synta whatever it is branded.

I think you're thinking of Quantum Synta Gold, for the fully sythetic
one. Synta is a semi-synthetic (in a silver pack) GSF sell the quantum
range as well: I've just spent a lot of time trying to find a stockist
of Millers oils locally, and given up. I went to GSF and got the Synta
and Synta Gold. You're right: it's an absolute bargain. Obviously it
meets all the VW standards, and it's much cheaper than other brands.