Old July 20th 05, 02:32 AM
pws

Don Benton wrote:

>>"Don Benton" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>Hopefully my last question on differentials.
>>>
>>>I can't seem to locate the '94+ parts, but one outfit quoted me $350
>>>for a locking differential out of a '93. I recall reading they
>>>weren't particularly effective, but my question is, are they any
>>>stronger than the non-lockers for those years?
>>>
>>>DonB
>>>'91 white

Don,
what part of the country (or world) are you in? I may be able to help
you out with both the replacement rear end (I have a rebuilt viscous
unit from a 1990 5 speed model with approximately 30K miles) and the
labor if you are anywhere near central Texas.
If you were nearby, we could avoid shipping charges and I would charge a
low enough rate on both the part and labor to keep the cost well under
$500.00. If it has to be shipped and you have to pay standard mechanic
labor rates, it would probably exceed that figure by a decent amount.

Pat