Old July 23rd 05, 11:32 PM
Bill Putney

Randy wrote:

> The solid black wire is a ground and I do get 12 volts on the tan/black
> wire. The 12 volts is always there...... when the trunk release button
> is or is not pushed.
> Should the third wire not be energized when the trunk release button is
> pushed???
> Does the ignition have to be on to opent he trunk? I assume that the
> transmission has to be in Park prior to opening the trunk but I'm
> wandering if there is some other special configuration in order for the
> trunk release to work!

Igntion can be on or off for trunk lid solenoid to work. Must be in
park (or neutral will also work I think - but Park, definitely).

Middle wire is the ajar signal - don't worry about that. The BK/WT wire
is the solenoid voltage signal from the BCM to the solenoid - and from
what you posted previously, appears to be the problem - see my opther post).

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')