Old July 19th 05, 08:44 PM
Robert Briggs

Brent P wrote:

> I can predict how sensor driven lights will operate. Especially the
> ones I often deal with. If I can see other vehicles at the light, I
> can reasonably predict the timing of the green signal rather often.

Let's face it, Brent: you have the additional advantage in this
respect of also being a cyclist.

When I learnt to drive in rural North Devon three decades back
I didn't have to deal with very many traffic lights.

When I went to university in Manchester and took to the roads on
two wheels I quickly learnt to read the lights well ahead.

Will the light be green when I get to it? Should I ease off to
catch the next (or next-but-one) early green? Or pedal like
stink to catch a late green?

Such considerations got me reading the road alright ...