Old May 12th 05, 04:08 AM
Wesley

Well, I was going to let this drop as I was tired of arguing with someone
who is basing their judgment on hearsay and limited driving of the vehicle
in question. I was doing some reading today on a web page that was talking
about insurance and linked to hwysafety.org which has info on vehicle
safety/collision/theft ratings. I found some info that I think needs to be
passed on. After this message, you'll not hear anything more from me on
this subject, everyone's probably tired of it.

Take a look at
http://www.hwysafety.org./vehicle_ra.../ictl_0903.pdf Maybe
you can argue the montero is a bad vehicle as far as safety goes...by this
chart (look on page 4, right column) it's listed as the worst in injury
ratings. This is info compiled by insurance companies that they use to
determine how much they are going to charge you to insure a give vehicle.
Imperical data. Not someone's experience based on whether they can make the
wheels spin on a wet road. Now look and tell me where the Isuzu Trooper is?
Granted, it's not at the top, but it's not anywhere near the bad ones on the
bottom.

Now let's jump over to http://www.hwysafety.org./srpdfs/sr4003.pdf and take
a look. How likely are you to get killed in a given vehicle.. If CU wants
a rollover-prone candidate to pick on, why on earth aren't they bashing the
Chevy Blazer? It's listed as the single worst vehicle in this report.
Again, the Trooper comes out in the middle of the road. There are much
worse vehicles that could be chosen...I'll keep driving my Trooper and be
happy with it.

The data seems to paint a different picture than you do...

I'll stop my "yammering" now...

Wesley

"Mapanari" > wrote in message

> Your "Logic":
>

> Funny, I know 2 Nazis and they've never killed any jews.
>
> Funny, I believe in God and so therefor he exists.
>
> Funny, I'm a white male, with two eyes and a moron, therefor, all white
> males with two eyes are morons.
>
> Funny, I've owned two GM vehicles and they're were pieces of ****,
> therefor, ALL GM vehicles are pieces of ****.
>

> Get it?
>
> And see, son, if you don't go out on a rainslick road and practice to see
> what makes your car break and at what speed, then when you get into a bad
> sistuation you're ****ed.
>
> Imhe, the Trooper broke free under very light acceleration and a very easy
> turn. Scared the **** out of me. Just like the 1985 Mercedes Benz 4

door.
> It broke so easily that when it rained I never took it out.
>
> Conversely, my Mitzu Turbo Eclipse I couldn't break it out unless I tried
> really really hard. Great car.
>
> The Montero also scares the **** out of me and Consumers Reports agrees.
> It's not acceptable.
>
> Son, you can yammer all you want about your limited and narrow-perspective
> prejudices and suspend your belief in rational thinking, but I hope you
> don't have innocent little kids with your when you drive your Trooper

piece
> of **** on the road; they're helpless and they're trusting you to be

smart,