Old May 8th 05, 09:04 PM
RichA

On Sun, 08 May 2005 12:55:30 -0700, Spike > wrote:

>I seriously doubt you could come up with a strategy which would work
>to accomplish such a goal.
>
>You can threaten not to reelect politicians, but when they get huge
>campaign contributions from the oil companies, you think they'll care?

It's very simple; NO politician, conservative or liberal has
the guts anymore to cut programs. Because of that your choices
are simple; Cut taxes and run higher deficits, or leave taxes
in-place in the hopes that they cover some of the program costs
and keep deficits down, a bit. However, I would like to be given
a choice (Ontario-Canada taxes on gasline sales represent about
40% of the price) as to WHERE the money goes.
-Rich