Old March 15th 05, 08:52 AM
Just_Steve

Search Google Groups for "Third Brake Light on 97 Explorer questions". The
'96 uses the same type of system. Looks like you can get it for about $204
at www.fordpartsnetwork.com I've only ordered from them once myself, but
the order came quickly and as promised - no muss, no fuss, much better price
than the local dealers who all charge full list.

Steve

"Ratbert" > wrote in message
> The center brake light is burned out on my 96 Explorer. I went to a
> parts store and asked for a bulb. They looked in a book (it wasn't on
> their computer) and sold me one that seemed way too small for $1.60.
> When I got home, and tried to change it, I realized that I couldn't get
> to the bulb without cutting some rivets. At the same time, I determined
> that the bulb I got is probably not the right one. I called the parts
> counter at the local Ford dealer, and they told me that the light is
> sold only as a unit, and it is about $250 for the part. Has anyone here
> replaced or repaired the light any cheaper than that? Is there
> something else I should check before shelling out big bucks for a new

light?