Old March 7th 05, 06:14 AM
Randolph

motsco_ _ wrote:

> phelper wrote:
> > I have a 99 Civic EX, and I'm curious if there are any aftermarket
> > stereo systems that will replace the existing Honda stereo and allow
> > me to retain usage of my remote keyless entry system? I'm interested
> > in a stereo system that will play CD-R/CD-RW/Mp3 discs... And if it
> > supports Sirius, even better (don't konw squat about that yet...).
> >
> > Thanks.

> Good question . . Some Civics lose the use of the keyless AND the dome
> light, since it's all routed thru the radio.

To be specific, in the US. it applies to model years 1996 through 1998
for the Civic. Honda came came to their senses and realized that the
number one upgrade to one of the most frequently modified cars on the
market is a new stereo system, and from the 1999 model year the keyless
entry system was no longer intertwined with the stereo.

A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph