Old July 25th 05, 01:35 AM
TeGGeR®

"chibitul" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hi,
>
> I just check the spark plug wires on my newly purchased 1997 Civic:
> they are from 1997, probably the OEM wires, and they all measured under
> 10kOhms. I will also look tonight with the engine running to see if I
> notice any "sparks" around the wires, but I was wondering if I should
> replace those anyway.

You won't see the blue light show unless the wires are extremely bad.

The wires' resistance is fine, but after that age, the insulation begins
breaking down and current starts leaking off to ground before the plugs,
especially in the wet.

Replace them with OEM, along with the cap, rotor and plugs. Yes, it's
expensive, but how much do you value reliability and peace of mind?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/