Old July 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Joe Rizza

No, it woulda cost a LOT more to pull the engine, and I woulda had a
LOT more done while they had it out. They didn't say anything about
the t-case, but I'd have to crawl under there to see if it was
possible to do without pulling the t-case. I plan to do that anyway
this weekend to see if there is anything obvious to be seen before I
take it in.

Yeah, I don't plan to do the seals unless they have to pull the front
end anyway, so it depends entirely on what the problem ends up being.
When the rear seal went it was dry to major leak overnight. The front
isn't doing that, so maybe it'll hold on for a while. It's the pinion
seal that more worries me than the axle. They will do the pinion seal
for under $170, which to me is well worth it given the crap I went
through, and how I could have screwed up the rear end ('cause I didn't
know what I was doing - i.e. using a HAMMER).

-Joe

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:37:03 GMT, \"ross via CarKB.com\"