Old June 8th 05, 03:34 PM
Jim Yanik

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Jim Yanik
> wrote:
>
>> Why do you think they need to "renew" your 'registration' EVERY YEAR?
>> It doesn't change.It's still the same plate number,year after year.
>> It's a yearly USER FEE.

> Hell if I know. It's a tax.

Thanks for admitting it.

> Why am I forced into social security?
>
> And for what IL charges on registration, it doesn't make sense as a
> user fee.

Much of what gov't does does not make sense.

> Why do I have to pay $10 and have my driver's license renewed every 4
> years?

Check your eyesight and have a new picture taken.
Licenses do wear out,or need updating.(Not so for your lic.plate.)
Maybe get you to pay any outstanding parking tickets,too.

> Are you going to say that's a 'user fee' too?

In a way,yes.You are licensed -to use- a motor vehicle even if it is not
registered to you,like a rental,or another person's licensed auto.
Note that you need no driver's license if you operate off-road,on private
property.Same for lic.plates and registration.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik