Old June 8th 05, 02:36 AM
Brent P

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:

> Why do you think they need to "renew" your 'registration' EVERY YEAR?
> It doesn't change.It's still the same plate number,year after year.
> It's a yearly USER FEE.

Hell if I know. It's a tax. Why am I forced into social security?

And for what IL charges on registration, it doesn't make sense as a
user fee.

Why do I have to pay $10 and have my driver's license renewed every 4
years? Are you going to say that's a 'user fee' too? You'll redefine
whatever you can as your 'user fee' I suppose. thusly freeing me to
redefine taxes as bicycle user fees, negating the whole thing.

> Your semantics game has failed.

Awww don't like where your 'there's no tax labeled 'bicycle user fee'
arguement got you? Well there's no 'motorist user fee' either in the
state where I live. Least to the best of my knowledge.