Old February 6th 05, 06:08 PM
Generic

"CobraJet" > wrote in message
> In article . net>, A
> Guy Named Steve > wrote:
>
> > Well, we know it won't have the Hurricane motor, if it were to happen!

> The typical Mercury buyer is looking for an upscale Ford. Merely
> changing the fascia of the Mustang ain't gonna work. The Fox Capri died
> because of this. The RWD Cougar died because of this.

In the 80s the selection of relevant imports sent traditional American Badge
Engineering into history. If you wanted something "nicer" than a Ford or GM
you'd get a BMW, Audi or Mercedes. If you wanted something more reliable
you'd buy Japanese. American companies made a bundle by rebadging before
that.

-John