Old January 27th 05, 06:24 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:04:24 -0500, "Chas Hurst" >
wrote:

>There's no need to drill anything with the correct size easy-out. The
>correct size being 9/16 IIRC.

You are ass/u/ming that all the porcelain is removed? He only has a
threaded metal cylinder to remove?

>Since all that remains is the threads the entire porcelain can be removed
>with a flex grabber.

Oh, there IS porcelain remaining, but it can be removed with a flex
grabber. What makes you so sure? A flex grabber is a puny little
tool for picking up nuts and bolts at the bottom of water tanks, not
wrestling spark plugs out of their mounts.

> My first choice would be a beer. But the easy-out is a
>close second.
>Have you ever really extracted a broken plug?

Nope. I don't break spark plugs off in their holes. Then again, I
don't work on em 5 to 7 days/week either.

I agree with you on one thing, the easy-out is 2nd choice when
compared to beer, when it comes to a penetrating lubricant.

Lg