Old July 7th 05, 11:43 PM
griffin

Default Smelling gas

'85 CJ7 4cyl

OK, we got it timed pretty good today (about 1500rpm steady and it starts
really quickly with no hesitation) but the idle is on fast idle for the
moment. However, after driving around for a bit to test it, I smell a lot of
fuel - moreso than usual. I'm wondering if it could be the choke or
something. There's this piece on the carb that looks like a stepper
motor/choke with about 4 wires coming out of it but the harness has been cut
and now there is just one blue wire connected. Also to note is the gas has
been sitting since last fall so I imagine that isn't helping but it still
seems like quite a strong fuel smell, especially when I floor the gas.

Any thoughts ...?

Either way, it runs beautifully. Thanks to everyone who helped - especially
Mike & Bill!