Old March 8th 05, 03:04 AM

CobraJet wrote:

> > > It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive
> > > environment all my life,

> > Want to know what's really funny? So far, you've been nothing but
> > talk, which is quickly going to be labeled bull**** if you don't
> > pony up soon.

> > You have a digital camera... here's another to-do list:

> > 1) Let's see pics of all the claimed old car magazines you own.
> > Thousand some pounds, right? We've been hearing you brag about
> > them now for 6-7 years, let's see 'em.

> > 2) Give us some pics of this 20 whatever number of classics of
> > yours. SURELY, a "master mechanic/gearhead" like yourself has to
> > have AT LEAST A FEW of these babies cherried out. (Right, folks?)
> > Show us... and stick your ugly mug in a few of these pics too.

> > 3) You don't even need a camera for this last one. Post your
> > automotive expirience.

> > > and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse trying to cast the
> > > Fickle Finger upon me.

> > Yeah, that tends to happen when someone claims and claims and
> > claims and talks and talks and talks, but never produces. And so
> > far in your 8 years of Usenet, you've produced a big goose egg... Z
> > E R O. Cars, magazines, timeslips everything so far has been
> > nothing but talk. I want to see proof of your impressive
> > automotive skills/expirience. I want to see links to stuff that's
> > on the same level as Bill S' stuff. Again, a seasoned mechanic
> > like you HAS to own some impressive looking rides, I'd think.

> > > And that list of Patrick's "achievements" had me laughing for
> > > hours last night. Gosh, what a HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

> > Dude, the joke is on you, or should I say *is* you. I never
> > claimed to be a "hardcore wrencher", YOU did! (I swear you're
> > losing brain function.) I only listed what I've had expirience
> > with. It was a no BULL**** list. I could have lied and trumped up
> > an impressive list, but I didn't. I'm honest. That's all the
> > expirience I have, I make no excuses, nor do I feel bad about it.

> > Now it's your turn. Come on big guy... step up the plate. Are
> > going to swing and hit it out of the park, or are you going to give
> > us more wind?

> > <the crowd is hushed with anticipation>

> The crowd doesn't care, and you've been around long enough to know
> you can't rattle me with your bull****.

You sir, are the master of bull****... claiming to be something you're
not. You let on that you were of driving age when the 60's cars were
rolling out of the factory. You claim you're a master
mechanic/gearhead. You're not. You're nothing more than car stereo
installer, or were. You claim you own 1,000s of pounds of old car
magazines, but to date you've never quoted anything from any of them.
So it was a lie. You don't own any old magazines, admit it. You let
on like your 20+ classics are driveable. But so far to date you give
no evidence, so it's now fair to believe they're nothing more
junk/wrecked cars sitting around your yard on cinder blocks. Quite a
track record there, Rick.

Know you're **** or full of ****?

> You, however, are proving yet again that you (and your clone William)
> are envious and frustrated.

Can't vouch for Bill, but I'm frustrated. I've given you ample
opportunities to level with us. I could easily accept all the things I
wrote above about you as being absolutely spot on, I'd be cool with
that, but you avoiding questions and out and out lying makes you out to
be a real low-life. I thought... always hoped, you were better than
that.

> But as as psycho as you are, you do feed my sadistic side. Did you
> run your marathon today? Think of me when your heart was pounding?

It was on Sunday. Got there late and ended up running about 15-16
minutes after the rest of the other 1/2 marathoners. I still wanted to
run so I just timed myself using my own watch. On my watch, I posted a
1 hour 39 minute and 17 second run time. ["Officially", meaning on
their clock, with the 15-16 minute handicap, they posted me running a
1:54 something.] I was very happy with my performance. I maintained a
7:35-7:40 mile for the full 13.1 miles and felt great all the way
through. Quite unlike last year, when I thought I wouldn't be able to
make it. This week is rest and recovery then it's back in the gym on
Monday.

Here's an answer to a trivia question. 18,000 strides = a half
marathon. That's what my pedometer counted Sunday.

Patrick
'93 Cobra