Old July 27th 06, 01:37 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.economics
Mike T.

Default Texas driver's license to jump up to a whopping $100 or more

> Personally, I'm for requiring ID. Otherwise, how do you know who is
> actually able/allowed to vote? An ID isn't anywhere as hard to get as
> some make it out to be.

Really? Check this out:

Note that IN ADDITION TO your original birth certificate and your original
social security card, you need six more points of ID. Various other forms
of ID earn points, such as (photo license from another state, 2 points,
whew!)

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/idlicense.htm

Basically, to get an ID in New York state, you need a hefty briefcase to
organize all the paperwork you need to haul to the NY DMV. This is for a
non-driver ID, BTW. -Dave