Old July 23rd 04, 12:33 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

BBO wrote:

>If you have ever tried to break hard, really hard, with badly worn
>tires at the back you would know.

Sure did. As hard as it would go. On parking lots I did lots of try
(and error ;-)) things. On gravel and on snow as well as on dry
tarmac.

I never had the problem that on my front driven A6 the rear broke out.

But I often had the problem that the car would understeer.

So, what are you guys doing differently?

>The tires with the least grip will
>try to get in front of the tires with the best grip...

Maybe I change tires too early to see that. Mine go when they are down
to 2 mm for summer and less then 3 to 4 on winter tires.

Maybe I'm also OT as this is a quattro thread.

Regards

Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *