Old July 11th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Masospaghetti

Default Equipment needed to self-service R134a air conditioner

Hey all -

I'm anticipating having to open up my air conditioning system on my '85
Corolla because there is a leak and I don't want to have to keep taking
this thing into the shop to have it serviced. I already planned on
getting an electric vacuum pump and a manifold gauge set. What else
would I need to empty the refrigerant and oil, flush, vacuum, and refill?

I am using R134a, the car has been retrofitted with fittings and o-rings.

THanks
James