Old May 11th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default mower white smoke

Yet another technically-barren post from fiveiron.....

......the Internet poster who is unencumbered by the thought process

>>> wrote in article

>>> white smoke, if it is truly white, is caused by *water* - so say the

experts.

......water leaking into the cylinder from the cooling system. If there was
enough water in the fuel to create steam (white smoke), the engine would
not run on that fuel...

>>> as long as the engine runs normally, I'd use it, chances are the source

for the water will be eliminated through use.

The "source" for water-caused white smoke was eliminated when the engineers
decided to go with an air-cooled engine for lawn mowers.