Old January 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
JazzMan

John Kunkel wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >I was cleaning the garage when I found some 10W-30 oil, unopened, still
> > sealed in its container. It was bought 7 years ago and hasn't been
> > used at all, just forgotten.
> >
> > Can this oil be used in my next oil change or should I just recycle it
> > at the local recycling facility?

> Most refiners specify 3-5 years shelf life for plain dino oils depending on
> the storage conditions.

Refiners would specify a 30 day shelf life if they thought
they could get away with it. If the oil is in a sealed
container that prevents humidity contamination and evaporation
of any volatile additives then it will stay useable for a
very, very long time, specification changes aside.

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!