Old February 14th 05, 04:50 PM
Howard Rose

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:11:10 GMT, "veedub1967" >
wrote:

>Thanks for that. Sapphire was only available to the US market, while UK and
>Asia were offered Blaupunkts and Beckers. I'm rather confused, I thought
>67's in the US used Sapphire V, which had chrome buttons and chrome knobs.

I thought '67 was the Sapphire V and Sapphire VII. IIRC, there was
also another Sapphire VIII which had an 8-track!

Other markets were just fitted with dealer radios, so anything could
have been fitted. The most common in the UK was a Grundig or
Motorola, as well as the Blaupunkt if you had a few more £££ to spend!

I've never seen a Beetle with a dealer fitted Becker. These were very
expensive when new, so mostly ended up in Porsche or Mercedes!

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe