Old October 16th 04, 11:21 AM
Paul Woodsford

Default 147 and engine undershield question.

I might have a problem with Alfa warranty relating to a foreign body
damaging the bottom of the Cambelt cover leading to the cambelt failing at
12000 miles.
Originally the 147 had a shield across the bottom of the engine compartment.
My 147 registered in Nov 2003 never had one.
Can anyone, who registered a 147 1.6TS from Nov 2003 onwards let me know if
their car has such a shield, and where it was registered?

"I have seen the engine and belt.
Belt split lengthways and 1 half then split across. That was the noise I
heard. Then 5 of the teeth were stripped on the remaining half belt. There
is a hole in the bottom of the cambelt cover, but nothing within the cambelt
cover when removed.

I might be lucky. They intend to put a belt on and check compressions before
stripping head."

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove **NOSPAM** to reply.