Old March 27th 05, 10:19 AM
Nate Nagel

jaybird wrote:

> "L Sternn" > wrote in message
>
>>On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:15:24 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>>>I don't believe that anybody deserves to be treated with disrespect or
>>>hatred just because they are a LEO.

>>I agree, but jaybird's defense of this piece of **** is really making
>>me wonder why.

> I'll tell you exactly why. All you have to do is ask. The only thing I'm
> defending the cop for is against losing his job. I have said already that
> is comment was inappropriate and so was hanging up on the caller. I think
> 15 days off is more than appropriate punishment for an 18 year veteran with
> no record of previous disciplinary action.

Even when it quite possibly (for all he knew at the time) could have
resulted in the unnecessary death of a civilian?

I dunno, at my job, if I screwed up where a customer got ****ed off or
something I'd expect a stern talking to and maybe a couple days off. If
it resulted in someone's death, I'd *expect* to get fired, and indeed it
would be inevitable as the company would want to minimize its exposure
to lawsuits. Tenure is irrelevant - and that's the way it *should* be.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel