Old July 25th 04, 11:36 PM
Tony Rickard

"Gareth Tuckwell" wrote:

> I have heard of this with steel wheels, but should this really be

hapenning
> to alloys after just 18 months on the road?

I had to give my 156 alloys a whack to get them off after just 12000 miles

> Incidentally, these factory fit firestones seem to go on forever - that's

my
> front set worn just over half way at 18.5k miles - they look like they

might
> do 25-30k. I don't hang about on corners or accellerating!

Contisports here. Fronts well worn after 12000 miles so swapped (after
giving the wheels a good wallop with a mallet and lump of wood) with the
rears, but mine is a V6 so heavier and more power.

Cheers
Tony